| Media Center Web site
Principal's Book of the Month
- by providing intellectual and physical access to print and non-print resources
- by collaborating with other educators to use all types of library materials and equipment that contribute to instruction
- by encouraging students to cultivate an interest in reading
- by library media center staff participating effectively as a member of the school community
- by assisting students in becoming skillful and discriminating users of print and non-print materials.
The Media Center follows the school schedule, normally 8:15 AM through 3:15 PM
Students may keep library materials for two weeks. We do not charge overdue fines; however, any item that is lost or damaged must be paid for.
The library has 22 computers for student use. All computers offer internet access, and students may use the internet only if we have a signed parental permission slip on file.
All library functions are fully automated, and students may use the automated system to locate materials in the library.
We participate in the Accelerated Reader Program, which is designed to encourage students to read at the appropriate level. Books that are too easy do not encourage growth; books that are too difficult can cause frustration. The most productive level is in between: books that are pleasurable, but also challenging.
Along with reading books, the library houses reference books such as: encyclopedias, dictionaries, atlases, thesauruses, and almanacs.